Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BFA PROGRESS







I am almost finished with my finished still. I spent the weekend trying out different methods of painting to figure out what will be the fastest. Originally-2nd image--I was going to do an underpainting for each detail in the image to layout the various tones I wanted to show through the actual colors starting from dark to light. Since this approach takes too long, I decided on using a different approach. Instead--as seen in the third image--I decided what the overall tone of the image will be--blue--built the values up from dark to light from a darker hue of that tone. The areas I have applied this technique are in the sky and the bright turquiose parts of the house. This way, I am reaching my look at a much quicker pace. This still will be completed by next class.





No comments:

Post a Comment