Thursday, October 27, 2011

10 27 11 DEMO REEL REVIEW

CASTLEFORTE http://www.behance.net/gallery/Castleforte-2011-Demo-Reel/1340111




Castleforte

I liked how Castleforte's title cards are name tags. I could do something clever like that for my title cards instead of plain text. Like these demo reels, I should treat the title cards as an animation/piece as well. That way, my reel won't look less academic and dull. What also worked was having the title cards tilted which gives the artist character. It shows that he/she has personality. The title card should be handed like one is introducing their self to the viewer. It is the first impression of the artist and demo reel. There was a lot of interesting work in this reel, however, I felt it is too long.


Sean Martin

This is a solid demo reel, but I would like to include my name and what I do in the opening title card vs only showing that at the end. I will also try to edit my demo reel length to a time length close to this one. The length of all the clips are consistent with each other giving the reel a smooth, steady pace. I was also drawn to this reel because it immediately jumps into his work.


Timbuktoons

The transition into the boy's hand into the next shot worked well. Incorporating more transitions like that to connect each of my separate works in the demo reel will make it stronger and unify the pieces. I was drawn to this reel because it is a 2d animation reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment