Monday, October 10, 2011

Myrtle Powell Bowld EuropeanTravel Fellowship Brainstorm#2

I would like to study with Ankama Animations in France.

work with mode 2 (learn more about graffiti/ graffiti overseas/ doing murals/ using aerosol/ improve in drawing/ working w/ Mode 2 will improve hand drawing skills

do 2d/hand drawn animation/ they use Toonboom. There I can expand my Toonboom skills while getting hands on experience on animation projects and observe and work in-house at animation studio.
What draws me to their work: Ex: How they mastered combining 2D cut out w/ hand drawn characters w/ outlines. I struggled with that in my previous classes.
Amazed by how they fit so much detailed animation into a 28/30 min show

work with stopmotion crew BLU


WHAT I WANT TO LEARN AND IMPROVE ON:

learn how to do: effects animation (smoke/ water/fire/wind blowing something/explosions/debris scattering/lightning glowing (special effects)
I mainly want to work on key animation/inbetweening/hand drawn & 2D animation

become better/faster at drawing & animating

understanding of how long each process takes--though they vary, I would like to know a specific estimate for a (30 min show/short/feature film--so I can better pace myself when working on my own stuff w/ industry time frame/constraints

I eventually want to direct/animate my own films. Understanding and getting hands on experience in each step will put me closer to becoming a better animator. By attaining these skills, I will one day be able to lead a team through the production of an extremely cool animation.

I want to come back being able to animate at extreme levels of detail w/ fluid movement in which viewers can feel weight etc. of the moving characters using hand drawn animation, and do so at a fast pace.

EX of desired skill level Gurren Lagaan key animation:























No comments:

Post a Comment