Saturday, October 22, 2011

SELF CRITIQUE ON PRESENTATION

In the presentation I said I started drawing when I was bored around the house. I will won't say that again. I sold myself and drawing short by saying that. That statement diminishes the passion I have for drawing because I didn't draw only when I was bored. I drew all the time for fun! I wasn't bored because I was flooded with ideas to draw! 80% of my free time was spent drawing. That was like telling a horrible lie on myself. I will never say that again.

Also, there were moments where I was at a lost for words trying to explain my thoughts and constantly said sort of. Next time I will not say sort of so repetitively. Instead, I will pause just pause, and recover smoother. I will also try to avoid saying like too much.

I will remember to engage the audience throughout the presentation by making eye contact with everyone in the room, and showing confident body language. If I show that I am comfortable with sharing my content and ideas then my audience will be more engaged. After doing these presentations I am understanding how the speaker and the audience play off of each other emotionally, and because of that, there is a lot of potential for one to direct an audience through a presentation and make them feel as passionate about the content as the speaker.

Next time I will make a smoother transition to showing my personal work. Instead of waiting until the later part of the presentation to click through preview, I can have the images in a slideshow or have a still already full screen at the beginning of the presentation.

I have to shorten my demo reel. In the critique the class suggested shortening the pixellation fight scene. I will cut some of that. I may also shorten the 1st clip on the demo reel as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment